Monday, February 18, 2008

My mom makes me eat weird food

Uncle John, today I made you proud. I ate tofu for lunch and I liked it. My mom makes me eat lots of other odd food; my dad often apologizes to me, but I don't seem to mind. Just thought you'd be proud to know you have one other person in the entire family who eats tofu besides you!

4 comments:

Brad said...

Sorry Caden, next time you come to Bemidji, I will introduce you to a Slim's burger. I think that should get you back on track...Once you eat one of those, you may never want to eat anything esle agin.

Folkestad said...

NO KIDDING! Maybe you'll treat Caden's Dad to one too! I don't know if that is included in the new diet though:(

Brad said...

If your dad doesn't have room for a big, fat, juicy Slim's burger in his diet, I hate to say it, the diet will fail. There should always be room for Slim's especially now that they have a low-calorie option. Insead of chips or fries and a pop you can have an apple and water. You just can't eat there every day for lunch and supper.

Tell him to do well for a week or so and then enjoy a burger. it won't kill him.

Unknown said...

Tofu good! It takes on the flavor of other foods or the sauce you put with it. Basically it is yogurt or cheese made from soybeans, lotsa stuff you can do with it. Don't know why it is considered health food in the States. In Japan & China, it gets deep fried, mixed with pork & chili peppers (spicy Sichuan tofu - you'll eat that in a few yrs., waaay tooo spicy for ya now). It ain't treated as vegetarian food, either. In a beef & onion soup, it absorbs all the flavors; yum!

When you're older, I'll introduce you to some really weird food, Caden. Fish liver, pufferfish (poisonous if not done right), more.

Keep up the good work on the blog! wuvya! uncle john